The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grailympics

5 posters

Go down

The Grailympics Empty The Grailympics

Post by Lord Arogandor Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:40 am

Dear Seekers,

The Grailympics designed by Seeker Terrai are a large success!
However, we noticed that week after week the same towns (Camaar & Spero) claim victory and run with the prizes.
Although these towns earned all of their victories, it made us wonder if we should make few changes so that all towns once in a while win.

I possible solution would be to add a second prize of 10 stamina and a third prize of 5 stamina, creating more competition for the other prizes or we can do this by altering the formula and adding some kind of bonus for the town based on their previous losses.

Before adding any changes we would highly value alternative suggestions or ideas from you! Smile
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

The Grailympics Empty Re: The Grailympics

Post by Terrai Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:08 am

I like your second prize and third prize idea.

I feel like one solution would be changing / adding to the specific Grailympics competitions.  The current ones feature a lot of obscure skills + unusual skill combinations that only older Seekers have.  Going with more popular skill combinations might give Azetyth and Sarmiz more of a chance.

Adding an extra 100 to the luck roll is another way to have potentially more winners.
Terrai
Terrai
Seeker

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2017-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Helfdane Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:46 pm

I do like the second and third prizes.

Also, what about a town receiving a bonus to it's points next round when it comes in 3rd or 4th? Coming in 3rd place could give a bonus of 50 points for the next round, or coming in 4th could give 100 points. These points could accumulate up to a maximum of 500, which would be lost once that town comes in 2nd or 1st place. 

Of course, the best solution would naturally be to become a citizen of Spero today!
Helfdane
Helfdane
Seeker

Number of posts : 1107
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by daradle Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:13 pm

Weird combinations are fine...the obscure skills should be better for Azetyth and Sarmiz because luck is proportionally more important. There probably are tweaks that we can do to the combinations, but I don't think they are the primary problem. Because even when the combo exactly matches my obscure skills, I'm the only one in town who has that combination of bookkeeping, charisma and swimming - so the problem is a lack of depth, because you need 3 people in town to have that combo to get a good score.

My impression is that the lordship re-roll is a very significant advantage - I can't see the stats but my feeling is that the number of lordships disproportionately affects the overall score for a town.

I really like the idea of giving the losing towns a bonus each week, which gets used up once they win. We need to think about the interaction of a 2nd prize with that, as it might just prevent the two younger towns ever winning because as soon as they get to 2nd then they lose their bonus and end up even further back because Camaar or Spero will have just finished 3rd and so get a bonus of their own.

daradle
Seeker

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2013-06-28

Back to top Go down

The Grailympics Empty Helping the contests

Post by Aurora Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:43 pm

Why not give bonuses for the percentage of towns participants (even a smaller town would benefit if, say, 99% of their residents participated). I would add that the number of those in retreat would be subreacted from the total residents, because it would be an unfair penalty to count them as a part of the total, because life - real life- happens.

Aurora
Seeker

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2017-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum