Adding Weight into the Realm

Go down

Adding Weight into the Realm

Post by Lord Arogandor on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:00 am

Dear Seekers,

Recently we decided to add weight into the Realm. Adding weight will have a significant impact on the game as Seekers no longer will be able to carry an endless amount of goods during their travels. From the early feedback we received, we learned that most Seekers welcome this new weight concept. And so the preparations have been started to make it happen.

This forum topic is made to share the concept in detail and further discuss the changes and possible alterations.

The Goal of weight:

- To improve realism as Seekers can't no longer carry everything during their travels.
- To add an additional condition, weight forces the players to make choices and limit their possibilities.
- To make being a Merchant traveling from town to town a full profession as supplies will drop and demand increase.
- To Improve the balance between older and newer Seekers. As no matter your skills, you still will be limited by weight in outside locations (forest, mines, fishing,...)

The Concept of weight:

In our first version only inventory objects will have weight. Later on also Tools, Items and Equipment will have a weight. The weight varies from object to object. A stone will have a higher weight then a Red Berry. A complete list of the weights par item will be provided still in this forum topic. Inside any town the weight has NO influence and Seekers will be able to carry any amount. However when leaving a town, Seekers have to arrange their backpack and make a selection of the goods they will take with them. This limit has to be equal to or lower than the maximum weight a Seeker can carry. Only what is in the backpack will be available to the Seeker during their travel. The remaining goods will remain safe in their home town.

The amount a Seeker can carry is influenced by the Endurance Skill, various items, followers and quest Rewards.
In case any inventory products are gained during the travel, those products appear in the backpack as well, further increasing the total weight carried.

Weight special effects:

• In case the maximum amount of weight a Seeker can carry is exceeded, the player will be over-encumbered and traveling over the map will require more stamina due to this. The amount of extra stamina required will depend on the amount of too much weight carried.

• Each time a Seeker enters the town, the durability of the various weight items like the cart, the backpack, etc will be lowered. This only happens when a Seeker enters a town and is based on the amount carried. The exact amount of durability has yet to be decided but the new -and expensive- carts will not break easily.

The weight maximum:

These aspects influence the maximum amount a Seeker can carry. Please note that these numbers can and may change at any time.

The Seeker (base)
 100 wgt
Endurance Skill (1wgt/1point)
 150 wgt *
Complete Weight Tutorial Quest
  10 wgt
Having a Warhorse
 200 wgt
Travel Backpack
 150 wgt
Handcart
 500 wgt
Horse Cart
2000 wgt
Follower for hire
 240 wgt
Total:
3350 wgt
* When having 100 on the Endurance Skill, the Seeker receives a bonus of 50wgt.

We will try to keep you informed about any changes and updates. Feel free to join the discussion and add your suggestions, thoughts and opinions about adding weight.

Last edited by Lord Arogandor on Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:15 am; edited 2 times in total

Number of posts : 2614
Registration date : 2008-09-19

http://www.thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adding Weight into the Realm

Post by Lord Arogandor on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:31 am

Beer0,75
Bittergreen Petals0,10
Bread-
Bunny Beans0,40
Cheese1,00
Cheese Soup0,75
Coal7,00
Corn4,00
Crab Meat0,45
Deadly Monkshade0,25
Diamond1,00
Dodo Plumes0,05
Draconian Flower0,55
Dried Nuts0,60
Egg1,00
Egg Soup0,75
Elion's Blood0,20
Elion's Heart1,45
Emerald1,00
Fish2,00
Fish Scales0,25
Fish Soup0,75
Flour8,00
Foempus egg0,80
Foempus Eye0,30
Fog Lily0,20
Four-leaf Clover0,10
Grape Soup0,75
Grapes1,00
Hops3,20
Iron Bars10,00
Iron Nails1,00
Iron Ore0,30
Leather Squares1,50
Meat2,00
Meat Soup0,75
Milk0,75
Moon Stone0,50
Mountain Ivy0,45
Mushroom Soup0,75
Mushrooms0,80
Mustard Seed0,25
Nectar0,15
Nettle0,20
Onyx1,00
Pheasant Feather0,10
Plopcorn0,25
Potato Soup0,75
Potatoes2,20
Poultry2,00
Poultry Soup0,75
Pralines0,25
Red Berry0,20
Ruby1,00
Sapphire1,00
Scrib Jerky0,50
Sea Petal0,25
Seaweed0,35
Squirrel Skull0,75
Stone9,00
Stoneflower0,65
Topaz1,00
Vegetable Soup0,75
Vegetables1,75
Vitalizing Gold Flower0,10
Water Lilies0,35
Wheat4,00
Willow Anther0,15
Wine1,25
Womba's Tongue0,70
Womba's Tusk0,65
Wood4,50
Wool0,75
Writable Skin0,85
Alphabetic list of inventory objects and their proposed weight value.

Last edited by Lord Arogandor on Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:06 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Mena32 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:10 pm

soups and nails weight so much awh... bread is 4 weight?!.... also can only hold 11 stones if i dont have a bag or anything else? . ... seems really bad.... with such low numbers  and high weights. not sure how i feel about this:(

Last edited by Mena32 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mena32
Seeker

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2015-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Mena32 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:27 pm

also it would be nice if we could see total of what we are carrying/max carry weight in the same place we see our hp mood and stuff.. also how do we *put stuff* in our house in town and can we put stuff into any town?....

Mena32
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Borrsk on Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:48 pm

The Stone, Iron Bars, and Coal seem a bit disproportionately heavy compared to the other items. Additionally, the gems' weight seems a bit excessive.

Borrsk
Seeker

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Wanjia on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:45 pm

I'm not sure but wouldn't it logical if you had 1 iron bar equal weight as 80 iron ore? As 80 iron ore makes 1 bar, you keep the weight. That being said I made my own list:

List:

NameWeigth# of items to full bag (100 weigth)
Beer1,00100
Bittergreen Petal0,101000
Bread0,50200
Bunny Beans0,101000
Cheese2,0050
Cheese Soup1,2580
Coal4,0025
Corn0,25400
Crab Meat0,45222
Deadly Monkshade0,15666
Diamond20,005
Dodo Plumes0,052000
Draconian Flower0,15666
Dried Nuts0,30333
Egg1,4071
Egg Soup1,2580
Elion's Blood0,15666
Elion's Heart3,0033
Emerald20,005
Fish2,0050
Fish Scales0,25400
Fish Soup1,2580
Flour0,20100
Foempus egg1,20500
Foempus Eye0,30333
Fog Lily0,20500
Four-leaf Clover0,101000
Grape Soup1,2580
Grapes0,75133
Hops0,60166
Iron Bars10,0010
Iron Nails0,33303
Iron Ore0,125800
Leather Squares2,0050
Meat1,6062
Meat Soup1,2580
Milk1,00100
Moon Stone0,50200
Mountain Ivy0,45222
Mushroom Soup1,2580
Mushrooms0,75133
Mustard Seed0,101000
Nectar0,20500
Nettle0,15666
Onyx15,006
Pheasant Feather0,101000
Plopcorn0,30333
Potato Soup1,2580
Potatoes1,8052
Poultry1,60500
Poultry Soup1,2580
Pralines0,25400
Red Berry0,15666
Ruby20,005
Sapphire20,005
Scrib Jerky0,50200
Sea Petal0,20500
Seaweed0,35285
Squirrel Skull1,2580
Stone6,6615
Stoneflower0,65153
Topaz20,005
Vegetable Soup1,2580
Vegetables1,5066
Vitalizing Gold Flower0,101000
Water Lilies0,3066
Wheat0,40250
Willow Anther0,15666
Wine1,2580
Womba's Tongue0,70142
Womba's Tusk0,65153
Wood2,5040
Wool0,40250
Writable Skin0,80125

These value could be increased/decreased by a small percentage to better represent the amount of resources carried by a person (100 weigth)

Wanjia
Seeker

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2016-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by chicoviana on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:27 am

Can one use a horse cart and a handcart at the same time?
Plus, in other games (and rl) it's used bulls/ox to carry lots of cargo.

I have a lot of thoughts, but don't really know which would be best.
-NPCs that offer travel between cities with determined weight (cost in stamina and silver)
-Players that can post their services to carry items for others (a closed package, more like mail service)
-NPCs or players that can party up and be paid just to carry more stuff (kind of Lydia)
-Aro can have a magic cart (truck) to carry his belongings
-Items extracted from forest, mines, etc. can be left there there due to overweight and can be collected later (that would demand a lot of space and signs to indicate everyones belongings)
-Remote Bull Cart Service: You're happily cutting down the entire forest, than you realize you're not that strong to carry all those tons of wood. 'What should I do?' asks the lumberjack. So, my friend, send a pigeon to your destination town and we, from the Remote Bull Cart Service, will send you our bull carts to deliver your stuff to the town (include time here) and we'll only charge 20% of your products as payment.
chicoviana
Seeker

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:10 am

The weight for each object is a mere starting point and can easily adjusted.
So far I agree to lower the weight of the:
- soups (and other drinks) lowering to 0.75
- nails lowering to 1.00
- Bread lowering to 2.50
- Gems lowering to 1

mena wrote:also it would be nice if we could see total of what we are carrying/max carry weight in the same place we see our hp mood and stuff.. also how do we *put stuff* in our house in town and can we put stuff into any town?
This will be done Smile

chicoviana wrote:I have a lot of thoughts, but don't really know which would be best.
-NPCs that offer travel between cities with determined weight (cost in stamina and silver)
-Players that can post their services to carry items for others (a closed package, more like mail service)
-NPCs or players that can party up and be paid just to carry more stuff (kind of Lydia)
-Aro can have a magic cart (truck) to carry his belongings
-Items extracted from forest, mines, etc. can be left there there due to overweight and can be collected later (that would demand a lot of space and signs to indicate everyones belongings)
-Remote Bull Cart Service: You're happily cutting down the entire forest, than you realize you're not that strong to carry all those tons of wood. 'What should I do?' asks the lumberjack. So, my friend, send a pigeon to your destination town and we, from the Remote Bull Cart Service, will send you our bull carts to deliver your stuff to the town (include time here) and we'll only charge 20% of your products as payment.
All of these good ideas can be later added after we got the base right.

Back to top Go down

Post by AxineeHearth on Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:14 pm

I support the idea! Nice to see new stuff implemented. Makes it even more important to plan ahead and cooperate with others! Now that the Buyer's Corner is in place, it's a lot easier to transfer goods when the other person isn't online.

Let's get the weight rolling so to speak, and adjust along the way. If the weight implementation creates unwanted unbalances, it can be revised when needed.

I have only one quarrel with the Lord's plan, and that is the lack of implementation of last year's competition winner's suggestion of Compost. I'd like to see the Compost be put in place A S A P :yay:

AxineeHearth
Seeker

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2016-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSandy on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:40 am

Im not convinced that weights fit this model of game structure. I do agree some limitation beyond a daily activity should be added.

TGL is based on 2 things,   Daily stamina, and Skill levels.

In my opinion a seeker should be able to do his activity’s with their daily stamina allotment at new day  (includes Relics or bonus, beds etc.)  at there skill level  an not need a method to carry stuff same day.  If one stays over night, yes they should need a carrying device.  It a terrible penalty to have unspent stamina because I cant do mining, fishing or wood   etc, activity because of restrictions.

Tools  should not have weight on tool slots,  we already have a mechanization for holding number of tools, and many of bought extra slots, which we probably would not have purchased. your micromanaging weigh now.

Do belts go away if we have a pack/cart/horse to carry them on?

One should only get one add-on beyond horse to be active  backpack , cart or wagon,  not all 3 usable at same time.

ID be a bit striker             
Walker get pack or cart, 
Horse Rider gets cart or wagon

IF we are going to be realism

My camp has fire, if we are going to be realistic with weights, any food should be eatable on road. Heck I've now got a pack to carry.

Meat at 2 ?  and most a cow gives at harvest it 16 pieces,  meaning weight of 32,  we must have mini cows,  or we need a butchering skill to get better yield.

Very Happy
MissSandy
Seeker

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2016-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Helfdane on Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:26 am

How much will my ego weigh? I fear I wont be going anywhere.

Seeker

Number of posts : 1022
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by robert on Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:21 pm

Quick thoughts, I'd have all herbs from herbalism have the same weight, makes it a lot easier when you figure you'll find ~40 herbs with so much stamina not needing to calculate the average weight of an herb found in the woods when trying to plan this out.
Also, I don't see a reason for Pralines to have weight. I feel like there more like tiny candies and if meals don't have weight it just seems odd to me.

Edit: I'm terrified to calculate my current weight and figure out how to get places with it.
robert
Seeker

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:15 am

Dear Seekers,

I'm happy to announce that we finished the first part of the weight update. This includes all inventory adjustments and calculating the weight of the backpack. Whenever you receive/buy inventory objects they always appear in your backpack. From your backpack you can place them inside your home. You can only access your home when being in your home-town. Selling inventory objects can be done from both your home as your backpack.

After the first successful tests, I opened the test site for the Grail Nobles to try out the new interface and options. I'm hoping to receive some feedback form them and possible bug reports. I also am open for suggestions still to make things more smooth Smile

If you are a Grail Noble and willing to help, please login on: Test Site and give try-out the new inventory Smile

Please take in account this is a testing phase still and that encumbrance has NO effect yet, this will be part 2 of the update Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSandy on Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:43 am

first id say when it goes lives, i think it all should start at home location.
maybe all users are teleport home on go live day.

my ingredients have a lot scroll when going off bottom when drop or take is selected.

backpack load (weight) needs to be shown BOTH  home and and backpack so your not constantly flipping screens to see what your pack load count

I have no stamina to be able to test what happens out of town

nice graphics

looking at what i can carry pack only. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVvAO34chV8
MissSandy
Seeker

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2016-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Mena32 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:41 am

still think some stuff is insanely heavy. bread is needed out side and if we can only carry 40 thats insane. go pick up a loaf of bread. tell me. does that weight you down alot?. i guess where just gonna have to see but i disagree with alot of the weights vs the max cap of weight. and only being able to hold 11 stones. 99 weight. also to high. so take no bread no nothing and only hold 11 stones not sure how you can think thats good. i understand adding weight adds some flavor but i think your going to extreme to one side and that will discourage people from doing stuff outside or drive prices up to insane levels. if i have to walk back and forth from the stone mine every day because i can only hold 11 stones expect stone to cost a crap load.

Mena32
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:04 am

Thank you for your responses!
When we activate weight, Seekers will be able to travel with all their products still without receiving a penalty. This "grey" zone will give the players time to get used with the mechanism, place their goods at home and see the effect of weight without losing a single stamina due to being overloaded.
The weight of items will still be adjusted and Seekers will be able to carry more. In this version, bread, plopcorn & pralines will also be excluded of having any weight.
I'll make sure that the weight is shown on both home and backpack.

Back to top Go down

Post by chicoviana on Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:37 am

And may the 'Wgt.' get a name? A base of comparison, a primal thing that weights fixatedly to give a name (even informal) to that? Because it'll be spoken a lot, surely Razz
chicoviana
Seeker

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:59 am

Dear Seekers,
We are happy to inform you that the most tests were successful and that the update for the first phase (a version without weight penalty) is almost ready. Soon you will be able to leave inventory items at home or take them with you. Items, bread, meals,... have no weight still and for now you can still completely ignore the "over-encumbrance" as you will not receive a stamina penalty yet.
In addition we reviewed your feedback and lowered the weight of most objects. Please find below the updated list of inventory items and their weight.

Beer:0.50
Bittergreen Petals:0.10
Bread:0.00
Bunny Beans:0.40
Cheese:0.45
Cheese Soup:0.50
Coal:4.00
Corn:1.00
Crab Meat:0.45
Deadly Monkshade:0.25
Diamond:1.00
Dodo Plumes:0.05
Draconian Flower:0.55
Dried Nuts:0.60
Egg:0.45
Egg Soup:0.50
Elion's Blood:0.20
Elion's Heart:1.45
Emerald:1.00
Fish:0.75
Fish Scales:0.25
Fish Soup:0.50
Flour:3.00
Foempus egg:0.80
Foempus Eye:0.30
Fog Lily:0.20
Four-leaf Clover:0.10
Grape Soup:0.50
Grapes:0.65
Hops:1.50
Iron Bars:6.00
Iron Nails:0.20
Iron Ore:0.15
Leather Squares:1.10
Meat:0.75
Meat Soup:0.50
Milk:0.50
Moon Stone:0.50
Mountain Ivy:0.45
Mushroom Soup:0.50
Mushrooms:0.45
Mustard Seed:0.25
Nectar:0.15
Nettle:0.20
Onyx:1.00
Pheasant Feather:0.10
Plopcorn:0.00
Potato Soup:0.50
Potatoes:0.75
Poultry:0.75
Poultry Soup:0.50
Pralines:0.00
Red Berry:0.20
Ruby:1.00
Sapphire:1.00
Scrib Jerky:0.50
Sea Petal:0.25
Seaweed:0.35
Squirrel Skull:0.75
Stone:6.00
Stoneflower:0.65
Topaz:1.00
Vegetable Soup:0.50
Vegetables:0.75
Vitalizing Gold Flower:0.10
Water Lilies:0.35
Wheat:1.50
Willow Anther:0.15
Wine:0.50
Womba's Tongue:0.70
Womba's Tusk:0.65
Wood:3.00
Wool:0.55
Writable Skin:0.85

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:58 pm

Dear Seekers,

Starting tonight we will activate the first part of weight officially into the Realm! Special thanks to our beloved Grail Nobles who helped to improve the concept of weight.

This update includes the possibility to transfer inventory objects from your backpack to your home and vise versa. Try leaving few things at home and get used with the concept of packing your bags before leaving your town. Soon a new Tutorial Quest written by Framer Ted about Weight will be added and Seekers who are over-encumbered will receive a notification when leaving town.

I would like to remind you all that there's no reason to panic! Nobody will get stuck on the road or suffer from being over-encumbered during their travels. You still are able to drag all your stuff from one place to another without further effects!

Back to top Go down

Post by Godsfortune on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:58 pm

The progress on the weight is coming along well, nice job!

After doing just a couple things with it, I have some suggestions to make it smoother.
1) Create a drop all button, "Unpack everything"
It can get a little tedious to look for and click on everything you have on your person if you just want to unload it all.
2) If you need to scroll down to click on something to unpack, the screen automatically scrolls back to the top after clicking. You then have to scroll back down to the same item to choose how many to unpack. If possible, change it so that the screen doesn't scroll back up after clicking on something you had to scroll down to.

Edit*
When my corn is stored at home, I cannot use it to feed a pig. When it's in my backpack, I can. Same goes for milk and probably similar things.

Last edited by Godsfortune on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : more info)

Godsfortune
Seeker

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpt_Coot on Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:20 pm

Yes, seems silly that I can't drink a soup that is in my home chest while in my home.  You should be able to use from either in your own home town.  Making meals has become a nightmare of clicking things back and forth from home to backpack, backpack to home etc.  If you can use either in your hometown, the weight update is way less intrusive, as I only have to pack my backpack to leave town, rather than spending 75% of my days in my hometown clicking items back and forth between my home chest and backpack.  This will be easier to newer seekers, who don't have to immediately misplace  items and worry about weight, they can explore the mechanic when they leave town.

Also, when I go to buy something, I feel like the "you have x writable skins" should reflect both my home chest and backpack just for ease of use.

Cpt_Coot
Seeker

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2015-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:24 pm

The current home box will be your storage. Goods you do not need can be placed in your storage. Whenever you need anything you will use your backpack, just like everything appears into your pack-pack.

Keeping all actions uniform will -in time- make it more logic. Also for the game itself it's a big pain to start taking in account both the box & backpack.

We will try to display both the inventory & storage with a little button that leads to the storage directly and also add a button to "take all". This should save you all some time as you can take all your stuff with one click, cook and do your stuff and then drop all your inventory items back at your storage with another click.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down