The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Parade of Fools

Go down

The Parade of Fools Empty The Parade of Fools

Post by Parade of Fools Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:06 am

I've always followed the whims of others growing up.  Never speaking up for myself and letting the world carry me along on its endless journey.  Go to school, study, eat, study, play a game, then sleep.  I have fought on behalf of others, but never fighting for my own battles.  But today, I find myself staring upwards, the sky is blue and tufts float across my vision.  My vision... Its... narrow?  The pain surges forth and through peripherals, the crowd stares.  Everyone is panicking and a girl is crying as the pain begins to subside.  Her lips are moving, but its words heard under water.  Slow, crawling, labored breaths.  I can't remember anything, and perhaps...  That's just how it should be.  Eyes shut, and loud murmurs fade into memory.

Gasp!  It feels like I've been walking for a long time.  The world shoots into perspective, as legs begin to cave beneath the declining stamina.  A shoddy town stands before me, but it feels like I don't  belong here.  The clothes hang onto me loosely, cheaply made tunic that never belonged to me.  A small bag hangs tied to a long stick, wagging behind my shoulder.  Haaaaaaaa, a breath whispers into my ear.  I look back and find two hands retreat into the lights rays.  I want to question what that was, but my body isn't entirely under my control anymore, and step by step, my body moves towards a guard near the gate.

Parade of FoolsSeeker

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-03-04

The Parade of Fools Helmet10 The Parade of Fools Letter11

The Parade of Fools Empty The Parade of Fools Empty

• The Parade of Fools Icon_multiquote_off_en
  • The Parade of Fools Icon_post_quote_en
  • The Parade of Fools Icon_post_edit_en

The Parade of Fools Empty The Errant of Fools

The Parade of Fools Empty by Parade of Fools on Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:51 pm

The guard hailed me with a deep booming voice, brim with the boredom of standing watch.  He leaned against the stone gate on his left shoulder, a spear wrapped between his arms as he greeted me with a smile.  "Have a long trip traveler?" Eyes darted up and down, assessing me with prejudice.  I tried to speak, but no words left my mouth, but it appears that the guard nodded in agreement to words unspoken.  "We've had a lot of seekers enter the town recently, I assume you're one of those latecomers from the across the sea yeah?  Show me your papers, and I'll point you in the direction of your..." he coughs, "humble abode."  

The bag swung in front of me and a parchment was presented to the guard.  He flipped through the manuscript, his eyes bouncing back and forth with me and the document.  A smile crawled across his face and he handed the forms back. My hands clumsily took them, nothing still within my control; autonomous.  

"Take the road up ahead until you reach the fountain, bank a left and you'll see the Office with large stone steps leading to red doors.  The building next to that one is the Hall, you'll want to go there."  He smiled once more and let me past through, neither stirring from his position to make sure I made the correct turn.

It was weird walking the streets from some Arthurian tale.  I like knights just as much as the next guy when I play a game, but to see these things in person was a sight to behold.  It made me regret declining renaissance fairs in the past.  Wait... Game?  Renaissance fair?  Just as quick as the words were thought of, the memories faded away into nonexistence and I walked like a puppet towards the office of... Wait...  I don't even know what this town is called.

I shuffled along, somehow able to turn my head to observe the townsfolk, with the destination predetermined.  Life carrying me along just like.... before?

Parade of FoolsSeeker

• The Parade of Fools Icon_multiquote_off_en
  • The Parade of Fools Icon_post_quote_en
  • The Parade of Fools Icon_post_edit_en
  • The Parade of Fools Icon_post_delete

The Parade of Fools Empty The Caged Fool

The Parade of Fools Empty by Parade of Fools on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:14 am

The Hall was a massive infrastructure, with a yellow and black banner hanging at its face.  A creature was uncoiled that surmounted the center of the banner, followed by black quarter circular portions.  Below the snake-like creature was a horn and the top resembling a plumed hat.  My body trudged to the door, pushing the wooden door with surprisingly little effort.

To my surprise, my body returned fully under my control.  I tested my newfound liberation and peeked around inside.  A woman was lost in her work, the scratching of a quill over some sort of paper filled the void of silence.  With the return of my bodily functions I attempted to open the door, but it didn't budge at all.  In fact, the once easily opened door remained in place, as though part of the background that had never once enjoyed the thrill of breathing life into the room.

I moved towards a window and attempted to pry it open, but it too neither budged a centimeter and I was dumbfounded!  The scratching of quill and hard work finally caught my attention and I made my awkward approach.

The clerk seemed to finally take notice of me now, and she placed her quill down and gave a pleasant smile.  Golden hair fluttered down her shoulder, thick and with life, it reminded me of a sheep.  "Good afternoon Seeker, I don't think we've met before."

I attempted to answer but no words left my mouth.  "I see, well let me have a look at your papers, so that I can allocate your lodging."  Like a puppet, my body pulled the manuscript on its own and handed it to her.  Control soon returned after.   

"Hmmm, it seems that you have the standard lodgings, allocated a ranch to work at your own digression, and a introductory amount of coin to pay off the debts you incurred to make the journey here."  She looked over the document, the feather brushing elegantly across pale cheeks.  "My name?" she responded to words that never left my mouth.  "You can simply refer to me as *****," she chuckled.  Just as the words left her mouth, it was echoed with indistinguishable muttering.  In fact, the words left me completely unsettled. 

The clerk continued with her work, rummaging through some coins that she placed on the desk.  This women who's name had passed over in a strange manner handed me my new belongings, gave another wide smile.  

"I hope you enjoy your stay here Seeker, although Sarmiz is a small town growing on the frontiers of the kingdom, it is definitely ripe with opportunity."  Her smile rising into strange distortions, eventually blurring her face.  The phenomenon was so strange, despite her her body being seen normally, her face resembled a distortion that left me incredibly unsettled.  I was driven with great fervor to exit the building immediately, and the door easily swung open just as it had before. 

"Just return to the fountain love, and go straight.  You'll find the residential district in that direction.  I'll see you soon, do **** ****!  I *o*E *o* *i*D *h** y**'*E *OO***g *o*."  

I ran out of the building with her last words echoing like some indistinguishable rambling that made me want to vomit.  Afterwards, my body entered auto-pilot once more and I slowly made my way to the residential district.  

Sarmiz huh...  I swallowed down my anxiety taking only a glimpse back at the Hall with the unknown clerk and the voice which transformed into the slapping of wet towels.  My hand rotated a phone that did not exist in my nervousness.  

Wait, what is a phone?

Parade of FoolsSeeker

Parade of Fools
Seeker

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2017-03-04

Back to top Go down

The Parade of Fools Empty Re: The Parade of Fools

Post by Parade of Fools Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:19 am

The month's have passed in this perpetual state of stillness.  

In this endeavor to retain my own sanity, I have decided that making journal entries would help keep things in perspective.  

Sarmiz is but a distant memory these days, as the "Controller" has left for greener pastures.  This... Controller points in a direction, and I his ever faithful pawn do his bidding.  

His ventures have lead us to Camaar, a city way southwest of Sarmiz. The move was actually quite the relief.  A couple of friends had made their way down there and following after them made the transition all the more easier.  It seems that the Controller has returned, later than normal it seems.  

Well, it seems like I have work ahead of me.  More entries to co-

Parade of Fools
Seeker

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2017-03-04

Back to top Go down