Aglarele's adventures

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aglarele's adventures

Post by Aglarele on Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:42 am

Introduction:
Hi all, I’m Aglarele also known as Agla.
I only entered the grail realm very recently and decided to start a journal of my adventures in game. I started writing my adventures about 60 days after I joined, so I had some catching up to do writing wise. This might cause some chronological issues at the beginning as my mind started to become a bit foggy here and there while recollecting these events.
However, even though I have a fairly large imagination and some events seem too good to be true, none of these were made up to spice up the story, all events did occur.

For players who join after me it might contain some tips and tricks of things to do and mistakes I made which you could possibly still avoid. If you are more experienced it might trigger some memories from your own past or give you a fresh view on things you never really thought about before.

Either way, I hope you all like to join me while I explore the Grail Realm and enjoy this adventure together with me. As you’ll soon find out I’m not that good at writing anything short, so sit back and relax, have a drink and hopefully enjoy the ride.

Aglarele
Seeker

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-03-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Aglarele's adventures

Post by Aglarele on Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:44 am

Episode 1

Seems like only yesterday that I heard an announcement of a (for me unknown) land looking for new grail seekers. So I packed my bags with all the stuff I could carry and headed over to look for a new place to live in. I decided to go for a small new town that would give me plenty of opportunity to grow along with it.  Ok, I have to admit it; I wasn’t that strong or rich to start with.  So I knocked on the town gate empty handed. Luckily the people of Sarmiz took me in with open arms even though they did frown a bit about my long term plans of becoming an alchemist.

Upon my arrival an old men named Bandalf was waiting for me to show me around. He tells me it’s a good idea to introduce myself to someone. I look around helplessly and realize I don’t know anyone in town to message. While pondering on this I get attacked by a pigeon who carries a welcoming letter from Lord Arogandor, the holy Grail Lord.
So I decide to be brave and introduce myself to Lord Arogandor. Worried as I am about bothering him I don’t dare to waste much parchment and ink so I just send him a short note that Bandalf told me to go send a pigeon with a note to someone and I just did.
Imagine my surprise when he isn’t bothered at all about my note and welcomes me to ask questions.  He must have realized his mistake soon enough afterwards when I prepare and endless list of questions for the next pigeon!

All these introductions left me hungry so I follow the smell of delicious food and walk into the restaurant. I look at my very meagre coin purse and realize I can’t afford any of the food for sale here if I still want to buy tools. I rub my empty belly and sigh.
Udgar hears my rumbling tummy and heads over to me. Ah you must be new around here he says.  The town of Sarmiz takes good care of its new citizens so just get in line and pick up free bread. It’s not as tasty as the other foods, but it fills the belly at least. Feel free to visit the soup kitchen for the next couple of weeks. That should give you plenty of time to learn your way around town and find a source of income to be able to afford your own food. Or maybe you could even try to prepare your own foods in the future.
I eagerly take a bite of my first bread and it tastes pretty good. It doesn’t raise my mood, but at least I’m no longer hungry. I should be able to survive on this for a while!

After I return from the restaurant Bandalf is waiting for me. He tells me farming is a good skill to get started with to earn some income. I follow his advice and get a farming plot. After careful consideration I start cultivating a field of wheat.  At least I should be able to make my own bread with it later on!

So I head over to the fields and start a farm of wheat. I work an entire day on the farm and look back at the end of the day. A little discouraged I see how little progress I made. I shrug and realize all beginnings are hard and it should get better when I become more experienced at it.

Aglarele
Seeker

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-03-15

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top