Let's talk about the state of Camaar

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let's talk about the state of Camaar

Post by Cpt_Coot on Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:31 pm

So Camaar is basically out of animals.   The wages for breeding have been dropping, resulting in no animals on the market.   The town government does not have a terrible amount of responsibilities, but I would say allowing citizens to play the way they want is a big one.   I would write this off as a mistake, but I wrote a letter to kohana about it, and the response was:

Kohana wrote:
Dear Cpt_Coot,

I get that you aggrieved by the lack of pigs, however I will not bandy words with you.

If you get a better price for your goods in Spero sell there. Better yet move there and be happy.

Kind regards,

Lady Kohana Barachiel

This does not sound like a town leader who cares one bit about what citizens think.   How many people care whether the bank maximum is 4 gold or 5 gold?  Does Camaar just no longer care about anyone other than the super rich?  Are we just going to spend all our money upgrading the bank at the expense of everyone else so that the 3 or so people with  that much gold can hoard their money from the 3 or so pickpockets?  I've been loyal to Camaar for over a year and have never seen no cows or pigs for sale, and never ever ever would have dreamed that I'd get a response like this from Drew.   This is OUR money she is spending on the bank rather than what we need to conduct business.

Cpt_Coot
Seeker

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2015-07-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about the state of Camaar

Post by framer on Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:52 pm

I really don't know much about ranching in general since I haven't kept animals in months, but I agree the town should try to keep a small stock of the different animals available. Raising the wages for breeding a bit when the stock is empty and lowering them when there are some in stock could help with that. I do know there were about 7 cows still in stock when I was in town 2 days ago, so the shortage could very well be only temporary.

The letter you received is definitely a bit crude and I really hope you won't take the advice in it, but I don't know what it was in response to. I can only say that in my experience Kohana is always friendly in her replies.

framer
Seeker

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2016-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpt_Coot on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:39 am

I have always had friendly interchange with kohana. I sent her a complaining letter, but not something rude. I complain because without cows I have no milk, without milk I have no cheese, without cheese I have no money, drinks, or food there was no breeding program up when I sent her the letter, and to be out of 3 different animals with no breeding program started is a huge deal. Then once it went up, it was at an incredibly low wage. Unless someone is interested in running against kohana if I start a poll, I have to move. My entirel livelihood is based on cows.. like 99% of the other citizens of camaar, I in no way benefit from a bank upgrade.

Cpt_Coot
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:43 am

In Camaar, Kendor is responsible for the Ranch. Kohana herself no longer has direct access. However, you could state that it is her responsibility to inform Kendor about the lack of animals. And deal with him if this goes against her vision (and/or that of the citizens). Having a Ranch Master who doesn't do his/her daily task, on a regular base makes town animals die. Maybe that's why Camaar has such a small stock?

Needless to say that I (as game-master) prefer to see animals in stock for the players.

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2008-09-19

http://www.thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Helfdane on Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:21 pm

Spero simply runs a 10% profit from wages paid to price earned through sale of animals. We pay a considerably higher amount for breeding than Camaar does. To the point players with good animal attitudes can make 8+ silver a day simply breeding. 

The cost of animals goes up along with the wages, but if the commodity is in such demand, then the price will rise to meet it. 

Just a tip.

And yes, you will be happier in Spero Smile

Seeker

Number of posts : 967
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpt_Coot on Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:03 pm

Helfdane wrote:

The cost of animals goes up along with the wages, but if the commodity is in such demand, then the price will rise to meet it. 

This guy gets it.

We lose every town vs town competition, the ranch and field thing was basically what we had going... now the mayor of Spero is giving us sound ranching advice.  Field laborhall wages have doubled to account for inflation in the past few months, workshop prices have probably gone up 50%.  Why then would you think its a good idea to reduce breeding wages by 50-75% Kendor and Kohana?

Also, perhaps if you participated in the argument I would be a little mollified, but all I have gotten from you so far Kohana is basically shut up and let me run it the way I want.   No, don't believe I'll do that.   Holding elected officials responsible for how they mess up our daily lives with apathy seems like a big part of the role play here.

Cpt_Coot
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by mbelegu on Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:55 pm

Sheesh, no wonder we always stomp you on competitions.

mbelegu
Seeker

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2015-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland on Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:43 pm

Spero would be glad to have any disgruntled Camaar citizens to come move over here.

We're even willing to offer help with replacing lost ranch spots and farms.  Depending on your age, current ranch spots, and fields, Spero's treasury is willing to grant a fairly large amount of money to those who move.  Prices for nails will also be subsidized substantially by myself, and I'm sure we have a woodcutter willing to give large discounts on wood to help players moving as well.

If you move before the event starts or ends you'll get extra benefits too Very Happy

Write me or Helf if you're interested Wink

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 903
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by framer on Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:47 pm

From what my sources tell me, camaar currently has the same amount or more of each animal, apart from pigs, for sale as spero. That is not to say there are no improvements possible on our breeding program, but it at least puts our crisis in perspective Razz

framer
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpt_Coot on Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:18 pm

framer wrote:From what my sources tell me, camaar currently has the same amount or more of each animal, apart from pigs, for sale as spero. That is not to say there are no improvements possible on our breeding program, but it at least puts our crisis in perspective Razz
No definitely no improvements in the breeding program.  If there was we'd have cows on our ranches.   Perhaps the numbers are rising because people like me had to buy chickens rather than cows or pigs because its all there was.  Even at the current prices town is getting a 60% profit on cows... if any were produced for such sub par rates.  If rates were not so insultingly low, maybe we'd have cows in stock... maybe even pigs.

Chicken
(79/100 units)200.25 Bronze
Cow
(324/500 units)170.5 Bronze
Pig
(80/400 units)90.5 Bronze
Sheep
(53/300 units)40.41 Bronze
Edit: even on chickens, it is worth noting that Camaar is paying 25 bronze for a chicken to be bred.   They are then making a profit 75 bronze on selling that chicken.   So, yes, I would be perfectly ok paying more for animals, but 300% profit on a breeding program???  Sounds like gouging citizens.

How much of a discount axel?  I spent most of my first year working towards 9 ranch spots.  By current market prices it costs 3.2 gold for all the nails, and 3.3 gold for all the wood... money I don't have.   All that's holding me back other than the efforts of framer.  Sadly though, the efforts of a shire reeve give me no consolation when the parts of the council that matters in this issue just don't care to respond or adjust.

Cpt_Coot
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by framer on Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:28 pm

5 new cows have been bred in the past 2 days, though this post probably has something to do with that. If you still have room in your ranch just send me a letter and I'll list mine on the market.

framer
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland on Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:50 pm

I'm thinking 5 b each for the nails, and could probably get 10 bronze each for the wood.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 903
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpt_Coot on Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:53 pm

Na framer, I'll let you know next I slaughter.  I didn't spend 6g on my ranch to let stalls sit empty.   I bought chickens... useless useless chickens, rather than just leave them vacant like  kohana would prefer.

Edit: correction, prices have now been adjusted slightly.  cows are now 50b more expensive and the breeding wage went up .1 bronze.... now town only marks up 50% on cows, but the breeding rate is still not enough for people to be encouraged to use a day breeding, as even at 60+ with 150ish stamina (your average player) does not make enough at that rate in a day to sustain 5 drinks and a meal.   Chicken breeding has been increased to .75 bronze/unit even though we have plentiful chickens.   I wonder what's on the bosses' ranches? Rolling Eyes

I have put up a poll for new town leader, but the link doesn't work.   So... if it ever does, voice your frustration.  Right now just kinda feels like I wasted most of a day of stamina to spam everyone's inbox with broken link.

Cpt_Coot
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:53 pm

The link is fixed now. It was due some small issues concerning your message that made this delay.

I've sent another mail, so that your work hasn't been in vein.

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2008-09-19

http://www.thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpt_Coot on Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:44 pm

Well I wish you the best camaar.   I received many negative gifts today, and i know how to take a hint.   I assume they came from kendor or kohana, but doesn't really matter.  I've done good things for camaar... I've worked constantly in events even when others don't care, I've worked hard to maintain goods on the market, even at a loss, and I've done my best to maintain double wages in the labourhall for the sake of those working.   And i have received big loads of sh*t for my efforts.  Sorry framer, you were the only one who cared.   Axel and helf, I appreciate all your offers of hospitality and efforts, I'll be joining you soon  because I'm not interested in being bullied in something I do for recreation.   I'll bring my feast fixins with me.

Always thought the negative gifts were a weird bullying mechanic.  I don't dare compete with someone who has 92k collected grail tokens bullying me, so I'm out.  Peace camaar!

Cpt_Coot
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top