Halloween - The Roots of Evil

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Halloween - The Roots of Evil

Post by Harold on Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:18 pm

How does the "killing town guards" bug works? Because it doesn't look very nice...

Harold
Seeker

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2013-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:27 pm

24th of Oct 2014 01:15You obtained a Cheap Fur Boots from the Roots of Evil!
 24th of Oct 2014 01:14You obtained a Master Baker's Hat from the Roots of Evil!
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1151
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by apoclypze on Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:58 am

Well it starts with having 0 reputation in the town you are bribing or sneaking into to buy items. Then when you leave without paying taxes the guard tries to kill you......

Not a bug. A game feature where you either stay in the town and have really bad luck during reset or you fight a strong guy who really wants you dead. Smile

apoclypze
Seeker

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracula on Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:24 am

25th of Oct 2014 10:23 You obtained a Cheap Baker's Hat from the Roots of Evil!

Woa nice

Dracula
Seeker

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland on Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:04 pm

You did a total of 291 Damage!

Daaaamn

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 912
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Helfdane on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:33 am

....wow. I think my highest was 80 something.

Seeker

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Harold on Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:38 am

apoclypze wrote:Well it starts with having 0 reputation in the town you are bribing or sneaking into to buy items. Then when you leave without paying taxes the guard tries to kill you......

Not a bug. A game feature where you either stay in the town and have really bad luck during reset or you fight a strong guy who really wants you dead. Smile
I don't know how easy the guard is... but if you can kill him for "free" stamina you get free battle exp...! No? That was what I was referring to!
Harold
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:40 am

To face the guard you need to leave town without paying your taxes, or get caught sneaking out... it used to be that you could sneak in and out of town without a cost of stamina...  so you could keep leaving town and fighting the guard, then going back in town without any stamina cost.  You also now use 1 stamina to enter the world map after leaving town.

That's it, its just so you can't continuously face the guard without any stamina cost.  You still need to heal and everything... the guard is still the toughest guy we can fight, I can probably kill 3-5 with full health, and Apoc can surely kill more.

So yeah there's no bug, never was really either... maybe a small exploit but not even really, the exploit at that time was you could continuously raise your disguise skill for free Razz  (other than the loss of reputation)

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland on Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:26 pm

Got 534 damage today  Cool

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Helfdane on Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:38 am

Hacks

Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by anto_capone on Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:12 pm

Axel Ackland wrote:Got 534 damage today  Cool
what are your stats?

i havent even hit 300 damage yet with the highest strength in the game...
anto_capone
Retired Good Guy

Number of posts : 1151
Registration date : 2009-11-13

http://NNGO.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Harold on Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:20 pm

Axel Ackland wrote:To face the guard you need to leave town without paying your taxes, or get caught sneaking out... it used to be that you could sneak in and out of town without a cost of stamina...  so you could keep leaving town and fighting the guard, then going back in town without any stamina cost.  You also now use 1 stamina to enter the world map after leaving town.

That's it, its just so you can't continuously face the guard without any stamina cost.  You still need to heal and everything... the guard is still the toughest guy we can fight, I can probably kill 3-5 with full health, and Apoc can surely kill more.

So yeah there's no bug, never was really either... maybe a small exploit but not even really, the exploit at that time was you could continuously raise your disguise skill for free Razz  (other than the loss of reputation)

Still a (small) exploit! If you can catch redberries easily, and have someone handing you a steady supply of potions, you can earn battle exp and some town guard drops at the cost of 1 stamina and a cheap healing potion...

If I can face the guard one day I'll try to see if this exploit coud be profitable. Because it looks like it, if the drops are significant... One may get "free" exp.
Harold
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland on Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:44 pm

No... its not "free" you spend stamina, like I said, in the past, it was a free cost for stamina.  That's why it was a small exploit then and not now.  And it was only really an exploit then if you didn't have to heal, or had to very very little.

It could be considered profitable, but most people that do it, I assume do it for training.  Idk what the rest do but I pay the town guard of Camaar a bribe whenever I enter, you can also sneak in but its another 5 stamina.  You get 100 bronze more or less whenever you kill the guard, with a chance of getting a spear, the spear replaces the money and is not in addition to.  But 1 silver is also the cost to bribe the guard.

So, if you are able to heal very little, or you choose to sneak in, it's very possible to make a profit, but you would likely need to sell spears to help compensate for the costs to heal.  Still, quite hard to make a profit and considering that this is the strongest enemy we can face, it seems right that anyone who has committed themselves to combat should be able to make some money off it.  Since only humanoid monsters have a chance of dropping money, its quite difficult to make any decent wage hunting around the world map.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:27 pm

It was truly a pleasure to see the enthusiasm of so many during this Halloween Event. The amount of damage done and energy used during this event was by far more then we ever hoped for! Huge amounts of healing and stamina where pulled together to defeat the Roots of Evil!

Although it was clear that Camaar would have serious issues to beat Spero, they didn't stop their efforts for closing the gap between the towns!

Mainly due the large efforts of Aridoto, Tobias and Brenainn, Camaar did a total of 89,560 Damage to the Roots! However it is Spero who made very clear toward the Realm what ambition they have! Together with Apoclypze and anto_capone, the townleader of Spero -Axel Ackland- clearly shown what Spero is capable off!
Spero did 180,375 Damage on the Roots and massacred the plant completely!

For their efforts all the people of Spero are awarded with one Honour! In addition to that, the Town treasury will receive 1 Gold 80 Silver from the Grail Lords.

The Seekers who are in the top 5 of the leaderboard will receive a completely new piece of equipment soon!

Top 5 of the Leaderboard:
First place: Axel Ackland (Spero) with 37,578 Damage
Second place: Apoclypze (Spero) with 35,166 Damage
Third place: Aridoto (Camaar) with 24,900 Damage
Fourth place: anto_capone (Spero) with 23,973 Damage
Fifth place: Tobias (Camaar) with 22,457 Damage

Thank you very much for participating!

Number of posts : 2477
Registration date : 2008-09-19

http://www.thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Harold on Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:30 pm

Periodic events like this (say, 2 weeks every 3 months) would be awesome Smile It would give us time to prepare and to give it all for the next time Smile

I'd ask people - If they want to - to give their feedback about this roots competition (what happened to the markets, damage given and received, hospital, etc etc) to see if we can improve this for the next time, if there is going to be one Smile !)
Harold
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Helfdane on Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:20 am

I liked the event quite a bit. However, I wouldn't want every event to be centered on the best people winning, and then becoming even better. I mean, the top 10 guys in this last event outpaced everyone else exponentially. Some events should give newer players their fair shake at winning.

Or even some minor events that aren't competitive.

Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland on Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:59 am

My thoughts...  This is a combat related event, therefore, it favors those who are committed to combat.  Anyone can do combat too, if you are really really committed it wouldn't be hard to get to level 10 in your first year if you're pretty smart about it.  I think only combat related events should have prizes of unique armor and weapons as the winner of those events are clearly committed to combat.  I like the combat events, they provide a real challenge, but I think we should have one only once a year, at most.  Its a huge expense and the best part about winning them is that unique armor is an exclusive thing.  I think we may as well just keep it for every October, its tradition now Razz

Another event we commonly have is an easter event, which I believe is usually a stamina reliant egg searching contest.  Which is all fine and dandy but that's one that will heavily favor older players.

If you want an event that's open for anyone to win, there's a few options... Book writing and quest contests.  These have been available in the past but I think they've found very little success... the prizes should be good and possibly announced before to get activity.  And for prizes for example, rather than armor they could be clothes that are unique, or a fancy hat, maybe a trained horse to discourage old players with horses from participating.  Also I think we should have a contest for finding typos/grammar errors sometime Razz  I think that'd help clean it up quite a bit, offer a nice top 10 prize or maybe everyone who finds 30 unique typos lol.  And then we can always keep the valentines day event, which is as likely to go to a fresh new player as anyone else.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica on Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:10 am

I am in support for a nice cooking contest ^^

Erica
Seeker

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2014-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:03 pm

I liked the event quite a bit. However, I wouldn't want every event to be centered on the best people winning, and then becoming even better. I mean, the top 10 guys in this last event outpaced everyone else exponentially. Some events should give newer players their fair shake at winning.

Everybody who did attack the roots had an equal chance on finding items, money, tokens, wood, vegetables,... This had nothing to do with how much damage you could do.

I am in support for a nice cooking contest ^^

This sounds nice Erica, send us a mail how you would make such a contest and we might make it happen!

Number of posts : 2477
Registration date : 2008-09-19

http://www.thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top